Anticoagulation Clinic Assistant - CMA/LPN
|Facility:||Franciscan St. Elizabeth - Lafayette|
Under the supervision of the Pharmacist, the clinic Medical Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse directs the patient to the consultation area. The Medical Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse will perform all tests, list answers to a standard set of questions, and prepares the patients paper and electronic charts for the pharmacist. The Medical Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse will maintain needed office supplies at levels needed to continue smooth clinic operation.
General Daily Operations
- Performs equipment checks per guidelines for quality assurance.
- Routes patients to the appropriate consultation area.
- Performs and records the information needed for the pharmacist for each patient:
INR check using finger stick and handheld testing devise
- Completes the standard questionnaire with the patient recording all information for the pharmacist.
- Maintains flow of patients from seating area to consultation area to check out.
- Maintains supplies for the clinic at appropriate levels to continue smooth operation.
- Responsible for answering phones and triaging phone calls for the pharmacist.
- Responsible for the scheduling of new and follow up patients.
- Responsible for sending out all written correspondence to patients and medical providers.
- Experience in a physician or anticoagulation clinic office setting preferred.
- Ability to perform finger stick and use a handheld meter is preferred.
- Has working knowledge of applicable functions of the clinic computer system.
- Has the ability to read medical orders.
- Has a good knowledge of anticoagulant drugs and their adverse effects.
- Possesses problem-solving skills
Minimum Position Qualifications
- Education as a certified medical assistant or licensed practical nurse is required.
- Medical office or anticoagulant clinic office experience is preferred.
- Must have appropriate license or certification as a medical assistant or licensed practical nurse.
- Knowledge of CLIA waiver standards and requirements preferred.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.