Credentialed Trainer - Epic
|Facility:||Franciscan St. Elizabeth - Lafayette|
Credentialed trainers serve as the OneChart expert in their assigned application. After receiving specialized training and becoming credentialed for leading OneChart training, they conduct end-user training for other employees and physicians. They will document class attendance, maintain training rooms, materials and environment and will provide support to end-users during and after go-live.
- Understand the requirements and commitments of the position.
- Discuss with Department Manager.
- Complete the accompanying application.
- Ask manager to complete an electronic reference form and submit to HR. This must be received before the application will be reviewed.
- Pre Go Live occurs December 17 – December 19, 2012 & January 2 - April 26, 2013, with full-time commitment during those time periods.
- December 20th – January 1st employees are expected to work in their primary department as directed by their department manager.
- All super user and end user classes that a Credential Trainer will be expected to lead will be in Lafayette.
- Must be flexible with schedule. Your classroom hours will be 32 hours per week. Other responsibilities outside the classroom will fulfill the 40 hour work week. End User Training sessions are held 6 days a week (Sunday excluded), 16 hours a day.
- Must be available to work evenings and Saturdays when needed. Classes for CT training may be located at St. James or in Lafayette, depending upon the Epic One Chart application. See application assignment below.
CT Training Application Assignment for Facility
St. Elizabeth - Lafayette
- Clinical Documentation – flowsheets, notes, care plans, patient education and other note writing tools - RN, RT, C.N.A., U.S., Behavioral Health, Stork, and Rehab * - Social Worker, Pastoral Care, PT/OT, Case Mgmt., HOD
- Optime/Anesthesia – scheduling, documentation and ordering workflows Pre-op, intra op and PACU Anesthesia pre and post op (not to include intra op at this time)
- HIM – Health Information Management - coding, abstracting, release of information and deficiency tracking.
- Cardiant(Cupid) – Cardiology scheduling of inpatients and outpatients
- Radiant - Radiology scheduling and processing of imaging orders for inpatients and outpatients
- Orders* - Physician order entry, notes, workflows
- ASAP – Emergency Department tracking, triage, ordering and documentation for ED physicians, midlevels and nurses
- Willow – Pharmacy system including medication ordering, verification and dispensing
- ADT – Admission, Discharge, Transfer workflows for inpatient and outpatient
- Cadence – Scheduling for inpatient and outpatients
- HB – Hospital Billing
- Conducts Epic One Chart end user training for a specific application.
- Documents super user and end user attendance.
- Maintains training rooms/equipment and ensures availability of classroom materials.
- Completes all necessary preparation for the classroom training environment.
- Continues in the CT role post Go Live to provide training support for for existing and newly hired employees as necessary .
- Provides training for future upgrades of Epic One Chart.
- Continually collaborates with Principal Trainers to improve training sessions.
- Preferred experience with adult education and classroom facilitation
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills.
- Demonstrates strong computer skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maintain composure under pressure.
- Proven knowledge of current departmental workflow.
Expected Outcomes of CT Training
- Attend training classes provided by Principal Trainers. Attend an eight hour training session devoted to training techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge ofEpic One Chart application , workflow, and troubleshooting as evidenced by successful completion of course projects and competency testing.
- Prepare and present a thirty minute Epic One Chart training lesson plan to a panel. Credential Trainers will be required to demonstrate competency in teaching skills.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.